The Applegates

The Applegates

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Life Changes... Career Changes...


Josh and I knew that with our newest addition, we would need to makes some changes with the two of us working. Ideally, I would love to stay in youth ministry, but that would be very difficult for Josh and I to arrange since we are both on a ministry schedule. This usually means long days and long nights at the church. In the end, we came to the conclusion that it would be the best choice for our family to have me at home with the Baby.

Saying goodbye to teens is never easy, especially when this parish adopted me and welcomed me as family when I first arrived to Fort Collins. I am most thankful that I will still be able to volunteer on core team and lead a Bible study. I get the best of both worlds, time with my daughter and still being able to minister to the teens... God is good. :) 

Father Rocco and I arranged a send off dinner for the seniors, which also served as a send off dinner for me. It was such a fun evening, and I was overwhelmed by the love, memories, and gifts that I was showered with by both teens and parents. It has been an incredible three years of youth ministry, and I am forever thankful that God used this job opening to bring me to Colorado, introduce me to my husband, and now to prepare for motherhood. So much to be thankful for! 

Hannah Baird- one of my dear friends and phenomenal core team members. 
24 weeks pregnant :)

I am blessed to have such a wonderful pastor, Father Rocco, who has ben an unbelievable support in youth ministry. Josh and I are so thankful for him. 

Giving gifts to our senior teens

The Core Team with our seniors

All the teens that came to the senior send-off 


One of my Core Team leaders, Kate, and her Bible study girls

No comments:

Post a Comment