The Applegates

The Applegates

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Steubenville Rockies, 31 weeks pregnant, and another year older!

Steubenville Rockies 2013

Steubenville Rockies was my final event as the youth minister for Blessed John XXIII. We were blessed to hire a new youth minister that same week, so Patricia was able to come with us and spend time bonding with the teens. The weekend was a blast! We started the weekend off with a dodge ball tournament / sleep out with other Archdiocesan parishes on Thursday evening. Although we didn't win the tournament, the teens had a blast playing ball and camping out with all the other teens.

The Steubenville Conference is always a sweet reminder that our young church is alive and active. Joining over 2,400 teens to celebrate the Mass, worship in Adoration, and experience the healing of reconciliation is pretty powerful. I have to say my favorite part of the weekend was the small group time I spent with the girls that were in my first Bible study 3 years ago. These young woman have matured in their walk with Christ and it's been a privilege to see their love for the Lord flourish over the years. It is truly a humbling responsibility to lead and teach teens about the faith of our Church. I love these teens as if they were my own, and I'm so thankful that I will still be in Fort Collins to help out with youth ministry in the coming years.

26 Years for Me and 31 Weeks for Her

Sunday of the Steubenville conference was also my birthday. It was great to end the long weekend with a dinner at Texas Road House with the love of my life. Josh spoiled me with a birthday manicure/pedicure, a Duck Commander-Uncle Si tea cup, and a framed photo for the baby's room. It was great! I think one of the best birthday gifts was carrying around our sweet little girl all day and feeling her move. It reminded me that 26 years ago my mom chose life for me. She chose to carry me for 9 months and then spend the next 26 years loving and supporting me. I now have the same opportunity to carry and love this little girl with the same compassion that my parents continually pour over me. I'm so blessed to have parents that spent the last 26 years preparing me to be a mom, just by being an example of incredible parents.... I love you mom and dad!

Enjoy the pictures from the Steubenville Conference!

Love,

The Applegates

With my wonderful chaperones 

Adoration on Saturday evening

My senior girls

The NEW YOUTH MINISTER, Patricia! 
(31 weeks pregnant and 26 years old!) 

Celebrating Mass with Archbishop Aquila

Group photo with all my teens... so blessed! 

Love this lady, fellow youth minister, Shannon Gunning 


Meg and Shannon... thankful for such wonderful friends! 


No comments:

Post a Comment