The Applegates

The Applegates

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Grand Canyon Family Vacation

Well I am clearly still behind on my blog posts since this one is from our trip to Phoenix at the end of May. The whole Applegate family traveled to Phoenix, Arizona to celebrate David's (Josh's oder brother) graduation from podiatry school. Diane and Phil (Josh's parents) were kind enough to rent a large house for all of us to stay in together. It was really special to spend so much quality time with everyone and share meals together. 

Being 27 weeks pregnant at the time, I was so thankful to have a pool to lounge in during the hot afternoons.  I don't think I've ever experienced heat like Arizona heat. I'm pretty sure the sun was blazing by 6am and going strong until 8pm. Josh and I went for a few runs while we were there, and my goodness I was about ready to die after only 20 minutes. I literally spend the whole afternoon in the pool, even if I was the only one out there. It was the perfect way to beat the heat. :) 

We really enjoyed watching Dave receive his hood and walk across the stage to receive his diploma. A very proud moment for all of us. Even his niece, Baby Apples, was kidding with excitement when David received the diploma! It also provided a great opportunity to get some family photos. With grandparents getting older and a new baby on the way, Josh and I are taking every opportunity to get pictures with grandparents. The Saturday after graduation we decided to pack up and head to the Grand Canyon. I went to the Grand Canyon when I was in high school on the way back from a Steubenville Conference, but it was fun to go with Josh and experience the beauty together. It was a great day filled with beautiful sights and lots of pictures! 

This is probably the most picture filled blog post yet! Hope you enjoy! They are a bit out of order, but I need to move on the the next blog post, so hope you don't mind the out of order sequence. :) 

Love, 
The Applegates

 It was hard to beat the views, even coming from the beauty of Colorado


27 weeks and pool side happy :)

BEAUTIFUL sunsets.

On our way to the graduation 

Dave and Sarah at the Grand Canyon

Josh... being Josh :)

Phil and Diane with Diane's mom


Diane and Grandma Harper with their Chicago childhood friends 

Poppin'



mommas

David and Sarah with Sarah's parents

The Applegate Extended Family

The Applegate Family 

Hard to take in all the beauty and sheer majesty of the Grand Canyon 

Dave with Grandma Harper

Dave with Grandma Applegate 

sisters-in-law... so blessed! 

Daniel and Michael 

Hangin' by the pool.. my daily activity 

taking in the views

in love.

Phil and his brothers- Nug and Paul

Baby Apples at the Grand Canyon 

Grandma Harper with her childhood friend

LOVE

David's captan hat... one of the many jokes throughout the weekend. 


Momma and all her boys :)

27 weeks

Grandma Harper and her grandsons 


























No comments:

Post a Comment