The Applegates

The Applegates

Monday, June 17, 2013

Two for One Bridesmaids


As summer is upon us, so is wedding season! Last September my friend Lacey asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding, and I gladly accepted! Thanks be to God we found out we were pregnant prior to ordering my bridesmaid dress. Lacey, being a gracious bride, said I could order a maternity dress instead of the one she picked out. Let's just say that putting the dress on six months later, I was grateful to have the maternity style!

I began the wedding weekend by heading to Houston to see my parents. My dad hadn't seen my pregger belly, so I was excited to see him and for both parents to feel their granddaughter kick. Even uncle Rob stopped by for a visit. My favorite part was taking pictures with Rob, he was so sweet putting his hand on the baby bump. I'm so excited for my siblings to meet their niece! Before I left for San Antonio, I stopped by my Gran's house (mom's mom) to pay her a visit. We looked at all the baby quilts that she made for each first born great grandchild. I picked one out for our little girl.. pink and green with classic Pooh Bear patches. I can't wait to put it in her crib!

Later that afternoon, Cara Ralls, a friend from college, picked me up and we made our way to San Antonio for the wedding festivities. On our way there, we stopped off at a famous Texas truck stop, Buc-ee's. Cara and I were on the hunt for a beaver onesie, but we found adorable little Buc-ee's socks and a onesie with red cowgirl boots on it instead. I'm telling ya, this little girl will know her Texas roots!

The rest of the trip was filled with a bachelorette party, bridesmaid lunch, wedding rehearsal, wedding, reception, and then a visit to see one of my college room mates. I loved seeing all my college girlfriends, spending quality time with loved ones, and laughing... a lot! Being home is always refreshing and a sweet reminder of all my Texas blessings. :)


Uncle Rob and Baby Apples


Looking at all of Gran's quilts

Can't wait for Baby Apples to meet her great grandma! 

Buc-ee's stop and time to shop... Texas outfit for my Texas girl. 


26 weeks at the bachelorette party 

Two for one bridesmaid :)

College roomies... Lisas with our little girls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment