The Applegates

The Applegates

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Mom Comes To Visit 

About four weekends ago, my mom took advantage of being on spring break and flew to Colorado for a visit. We knew that hitting the slopes was a high priority while she was in town, so Josh, my mom, and I loaded up the car at 7am on Friday morning and hit the slopes. We skied all day, and I mean we skied hard! It was an absolute blast skiing with mom and watching her enjoy a day on the mountain. 

Saturday we spent the day watching the St. Patrick's Day parade, walking through Fort Collins, and doing a little shopping for my growing belly. Mom and Josh were so supportive to sit in the maternity shop and watch me try on item after item. I'm very excited about my cute maternity dresses and cannot wait to wear them once it gets warm! 

One of my favorite parts of the weekend was when my mom brought out the baby clothes she brought with her. These adorable items are the same clothes Bill, Rob, Laurie and I wore when we were babies. Since we don't know if we are having a little boy or little girl, mom brought a few items for both. The dresses are hand made and are over 60 years old. They were made by my great grandmother on my dad's side of the family. Needless to say, we am so excited to meet our little one and use either set of clothes! 

It was a wonderful visit, and it makes me excited to have both mom and dad out for a visit in June. 


Love, 
The Applegates 



No comments:

Post a Comment